Over 300 firearms and other seized and surplus property will be sold at auction next month. The auction at 10 am Saturday, Nov. 16, at the Dickson County Fairgrounds is to dispose of guns and other property seized in drug and other criminal investigations by the Dickson County and Houston County sheriff’s offices and the 23rd Judicial District Drug Task Force. The Dickson County Commission recently approved allowing the sheriff’s office to conduct the sale because state statutes do not provide a method for drug task forces to dispose of seized weapons. The commission also voted to allow the drug task force to keep 90 percent of the funds its seized property brings at auction while the remaining 10 percent and the proceeds from the sale of property seized by the sheriff’s office will go to the county’s general fund. Charles Woodard and Associates has been hired to conduct the auction with Bird Armstrong as auctioneer. The drug task force will be selling 78 rifles and long guns and 70 pistols; the Houston County Sheriff’s Office will sell 24 long guns and two pistols; and the Dickson County Sheriff’s Office has a list of 41 handguns and 93 rifles and shotguns to be sold. Other miscellaneous seized property scheduled to be sold includes a Kinect game system, two X-box 360 systems, computer monitors, sound system components, copy machines, furniture, electronics, safes, appliances, digital scales, ammunition and more. Terms of the sale will be cash day of sale or check with irrevocable bank letter and all property is sold as is. Viewing of items to be sold will only be on the morning of the sale. For more information, contact Charles Woodard and Associates at 446-4508.